I did it my way by Frank Sinatra

  And now, the end is near

And so I face the final curtainMy friend, I'll say it clearI'll state my case, of which I'm certainI've lived a life that's fullI traveled each and every highwayAnd more, much more than thisI did it my way


… Regrets, I've had a fewBut then again, too few to mentionI did what I had to doAnd saw it through without exemptionI planned each charted courseEach careful step along the bywayAnd more, much more than thisI did it my way
… Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knewWhen I bit off more than I could chewBut through it all, when there was doubtI ate it up and spit it outI faced it all, and I stood tallAnd did it my way
… I've loved, I've laughed and criedI've had my fill, my share of losingAnd now, as tears subsideI find it all so amusingTo think I did all thatAnd may I say, not in a shy wayOh, no, oh, no, not meI did it my way
… For what is a man, what has he got?If not himself, then he has naughtTo say the things he truly feelsAnd not the words of one who kneelsThe record shows I took the blowsAnd did it my way
… Yes, it was my way



Previous Post Next Post