Life is short

I went to pay my last respect to arwah Pn Mashitah, Mr Fauzy's beloved wife at 4.00p.m today. Her death was a shock to a lot of people especially to her spouse, children and family. I went to her house but was informed by her maid that the deceased had been brought to surau seksyen 11. When I reached the surau, the deceased was already bathed and wrapped. People...relatives, friends and neighbours were reciting tahlil and doa. I managed to talk to Mr Fauzy and asked him what was the cause of her death. Mr Fauzy said she collapsed in the bathroom this morning and emphasized that she had never had any serious illness before. One of her daughters verified that she passed away around 9.45a.m. Allahyarhamah Pn Mashitah was a lovely and beautiful lady inside out. She would accompany and supported Mr Fauzi in every condition and situation. A mother of 6 - 3 boys and 3 girls - to me she had been a superb mom and wife. I pray that Mr Fauzy and her children would be able to accept her demise with open hearts... It had been exactly 10 days my friends (ex-cmlians) and I last met her at the reunion on 19th December 2009. She was with us...I shook her hands and hugged her 3 times.... I saw her again at the wet market in Section 6 when we were buying kuih. We didn't talk to each other though since the place was crowded and I was talking to my neighbour Dr Hasni who has just came back from Haj. I had never thought that was the last time I saw her.... Her sudden death made me think...if only I would be able to choose how I die.... I would choose to die the same way as she died....so that I do not have to suffer from illness and be a burden to anybody, especially my husband and children... Or probably, after 2-3 days of illness then I passed away...that would be more acceptable for everyone I love to accept my death I guess. But Allah knows best for sure... Well, indeed life is too short...may Allah forgive us all and may Allah grant my wish.
Previous Post Next Post