Give her time....

Have you heard a saying 'to love is to let go'? Hmm... it must be painful I know...but it depends..well, one thing for sure girls do not like to be pushed... not sure if I could make this generalization, but based on my own experience... yes, I don't like to be pushed. The persistence of forcing a girl to accept you in her life will drive her away from you.

I still remember when I was studying in one of the small towns in the States. There was a guy who had asked for my hand...I was not sure whether I would say 'yes' to his request at first...but his persistence scared me away. He would call almost everyday begging me to say yes. I needed space... I needed time to like a person....it was not easy to fall in love...in fact, there was no love between me and my husband when we were engaged since our relationship was based on family arrangement. I am not a person who would easily fall to any tom, dick and harry. Since I have vowed to myself that I would only give my all to a man when I am definitely sure that he is the one. I have also vowed that the man I was going to marry will be my first and my last life time partner.

That guy wanted me to say yes without making any effort to win my heart. He did not offer any help to carry my bags or tend to my needs when I first moved to the area. He was not a gentleman. How could I say yes to him when my heart says no...


What would melt my heart? Guess! Romance? Persistence? Good looks? Height? Impressive Career? Wealth? Softness? Faith? Care? Hmmm... Yup! the last word. Probably if those guys knew my soft spot, I would say yes to them... but of course they should really show they sincerely care. How? By sharing my problem, by offering help during my tough times... what else melt my heart? Piety. But of course not to the extreme ....

So guys out there... if you want to win a girl's heart, be a caring man... be pious and above all do not force her to accept you... time will tell ... if you are not successful in winning her heart, just accept the fact that you are not meant for each other.... don't be pushy, girls will run away... give her time and space.. be there for her during tough times.. let her appreciate your presence.... All the best!
Previous Post Next Post